Tutorial: Administration of a Planyo account by multiple users (1 / 4)
Planyo recognizes the following administrative roles:
- Main administrator: The main administrator has access to all functionalities of Planyo and this cannot be limited by other users.
- Moderators: The main administrator can add one or more moderators. Moderators have access to all resources of a site and all functionalities (with the exception of adding and removing other moderators and resource admins). Additionally the main administrator can limit access of all moderators or just specific moderators to selected functionalities. See the third part of this tutorial for more information about this.
- Main moderator: One of the moderators can be chosen as the main moderator. The only difference between this and other moderators is that the main moderator can also receive email or sms notifications while the other moderators cannot. In order to have notifications sent to the main moderator, go to Settings / Notifications.
- Resource admin: The main administrator can assign one or more resources to a resource admin. This role is usually used when the resources are staff members, and you only want each staff member to be able to access their reservations while not letting them see any other reservations (for other resources). By default, they have access to all functionalities (in connection to their resources and not to the entire site) unless specifically limited by the main administrator. Please see the third part of this tutorial to find out how to limit access of resource admins to selected functions.
- Agents: The main administrator can create agent accounts for external agents who can enter reservations in the name of their customers. Each agent account can also optionally have an agent commission rate (as a percentage or fixed amount) associated with it and planyo will calculate/report commissions for all reservations entered by the agents. The agents don't have access to any administrative functions but they do have access to the details of the reservations they enter, also at a later time.
- META admin: in case your Planyo site belongs to a META site, the META admin has all the privilleges of the main administrator. Please see the fourth part of this tutorial for the details.
Other than the possibility to access administrative functions, all administrative roles above have a special way of entering reservations. The normally obligatory fields are no longer obligatory, the only fields which are required are the dates/times and customer name. Also, the email verification step is always skipped (even for the agents) because the administrators are trusted to enter a correct email address and according to the web standards the customer should never receive email verification emails if it wasn’t them personally who made the reservation.