FAQ Q253: How can I test new configurations or add test reservations when my site is already in production?
We have a special domain, http://sandbox.planyo.com/ which is there exactly for this reason. This domain uses a separate database so you can play around with this domain without affecting your production site in any way. The database used is a copy of the production database from around midnight (UTC). Every day at 6.30AM (UTC) we refresh the sandbox database. This means that any configuration or reservation tests you did on the previous days will be wiped out and you will start with a duplicate of your production database. Please keep this in mind, especially if you're in a timezone when 6.30AM UTC happens during your working hours.
Please note that we don't allow taking real reservations from actual customers using the sandbox, it's only there to help you with your tests
Please also note the following restrictions:
- The sandbox will never send out any emails or SMSes. This also means that you can play with the reservations in any way without worrying that the customers will receive emails reflecting your actions.
- You cannot generate reports (or do any CSV exports) with the sandbox.
- None of the extensions will work with the sandbox.
- iCal feeds will not be generated
- Calendar preview widgets won't work
- Note: The sandbox will generally work with the existing payment gateways but the payments you make are not necessarily "sandbox" (test). For example, you can use the PayPal real or sandbox account with the real or sandbox version of Planyo. The mode used by the payment gateway has nothing to do with the mode used in planyo.
The API will work with the sandbox, the endpoint is