FAQ Q202: What are special fields in the reservation form?
There are a few "special" reservation form items which you can add to the reservation form. Special means here that these fields will be used in other places in planyo and the field name will be automatically translated to other languages. Below are all special fields. You can go to site settings / customized translation
to change the wording used by planyo for these items (in any language).
- Number of persons: This can be used to calculate the price based on the number of persons. May also be used in additional products (if they are reservable per person). If your resources are shared (sharing set to always possible), meaning that you sell tickets/seats, then the number of tickets will depend on this field (or the adult/children fields). If you need to separate between adults and children, you may use the following two field types instead.
- Number of adults: Number of adults present. This (along with Number of children) will be used to calculate the price based on the number of persons. May also be used in additional products (if they are reservable per person). If you sell tickets or seats, then the number of tickets will be updated based on this field (along with the children fields). In pricing manager, you will also be able to define pricing per-adult when a field of this type is present (see Q276).
- Number of children: Number of children present. This (along with Number of adults) will be used to calculate the price based on the number of persons. May also be used in additional products (if they are reservable per person). If you sell tickets or seats, then the number of tickets will be updated based on this field (along with the adult fields). In pricing manager, you will also be able to define pricing per-child when a field of this type is present. Please note that if you want to add multiple categories of children (e.g. infants, then one or two more categories), then most likely you will NOT want to ask for the number of babies using this type of field. Instead you should use a regular dropdown. The reason is that if you use per-children prices OR you sell tickets, each infant will also add to the price and/or number of seats/tickets sold.
- Voucher (seen as Voucher code): This form item is added automatically when you enable vouchers (see Q190).
- Repeat email (seen as Type your email address again): if you add this field AND make it a required field you will minimize the chance of the email address entered being typed incorrectly. Planyo will do this check for you.
- password: This name is reserved and cannot be used. Planyo automatically adds a field with this name when the confirmation method for the resource is set to PASSWORD
- Participant names (seen as 1st person (first name, last name), 2nd person (first name, last name) etc.): If the reservation form asks for the number of participants (e.g. using one of the above special items such as Number of persons or Number of adults), you can also add an item of type Participant names. This item adds as many fields asking for person's first and last name as there are participants in the reservation. The fields are added dynamically, that is, as soon as the new number of persons is selected from the dropdown. This item can be also required if you want to force your customers to enter all participant names.
- Section for each participant: Similar as above, but instead of asking for each participant's name, you can add a number of fields below such section. All such fields (until end of the form or down to another section item) will be repeated for each participant. This way you can get more data for each person, e.g. their name, birthdate, etc.